Aluminum vs Galvanized Docks
If you have been thinking about building a dock at the Lake of the Ozarks now is a perfect time! With the waters much calmer, the offseason presents a great time to build and install a new residential or commercial dock at the Lake of the Ozarks. One Source Docks offers both galvanized and aluminum docks at the Lake of the Ozarks. You may be wondering which material is best, galvanized or aluminum. Both materials have their pros and cons and today, our dock company at the Lake of the Ozarks is going to share with you the pros and cons of both!
Aluminum docks have become more and more popular over the years because they require low maintenance and are extremely durable.
- Aluminum does not rust which is a great feature for a dock that is in water 24/7. Aluminum docks will typically outlast the lifespan of other dock materials including galvanized steel.
- Aluminum is a lightweight material. This is an advantage becasue it's easier to install and will not have a major impact on the foundation it is built on.
- Aluminum is a great material for your dock build and is extremely durable. Great quality comes with a price, and one of the biggest cons of building an aluminum dock is it is more expensive.
Galvanized docks are known for extreme strength and still offer a great material for building your dock.
- Strength is a major benefit to installing a galvanized dock at the Lake of the Ozarks. For heavy use, a galvanized dock will hold up very well.
- One of the greatest benefits of galvanized docks over aluminum is the price. Steel is almost always more affordable than aluminum.
- Galvanized docks are known for strength but with strength comes extra weight. Galvanized docks are much heavier than aluminum and can sometimes have buoyancy issues.
- A galvanized dock will often require more maintenance than aluminum due to rust. Galvanized steel does have a greater chance of not rusting but there is still a chance.
Both aluminum and galvanized docks at the Lake of the Ozarks make great materials for your next commercial or residential dock at the Lake of the Ozarks. Each material has both pros and cons and if you are still not sure which material is best for your next dock, give our dock building company at the Lake of the Ozarks a call! We would be happy to set up a consultation and walk you through your dock design.
YOUR ONE SOURCE SOLUTION!
Docks|Boat Lifts|Retaining Walls|Rip Rap|Dock Pads|Construction
305 N Locust St, Linn Creek, Mo 65052
Visit Us At www.OneSourceServices.net
Like us on Facebook: